Monday, August 19, 2013

Just Name the Date

Hola Hola Hola!

Como le van! Espero que todo esta bien con ustedes!

This week was an interesting one full of weird days and even stranger teaching experiences... my birthday was so great.. I had four cakes in two days and I am pretty sure I gained all the weight that I have lost... anyway... on to what happened the other days of the week... 

Okay so one of the best things that happened this week was putting a baptisimal date with Hno Valentine... when we first started teaching him he was really really confused and had some weird perceptions about God and our purpose here on earth... teaching him was difficult because he never wanted to pray and didnt think that God lloved him or had much to offer him.. thankfully he started to read the Book of Mormon and came to Sacrament meeting one week.. so we went and visited on... Thursday I believe... and when we did we were not sure if we should go forward with the lesson we planned to teach.. I told Hna Chavez that if we were going to teach the planned lesson I wanted to sing the hymn Come Follow Me to start the lesson and if not then I really did not care.. the problem was.. we had planned ot commit him to baptism that day and structured a lesson around that... but there was so much noise and so many other things going on that we were not sure if the Spirit would be there in the way we needed it to be to accomplish the goal of putting a fecha with Hno Valentin... 

In that moment Hno Valentin told the kids that were running up and down the stairs of the apartment building ot be quiet... and they listened... so we went forward and taught him about faith and repentance... he answered all of our questions perfectly and when we invited him to baptized he said that we needed ot tell him when we were having a service so he could be ready.. so we commited him to be baptized 31st de August... more of a miracle was when we invited Hno. Valentin to prayer... we told him he only had to prayer for two things... to know if he wshould be baptized and some thing that he was grateful for... when he began to pray I was elated.. and he prayed for a good few minutes..i t was such an amazing experience to see te change in Hno. Valentin...

Later Hna Chavez and I were talking and she told me that when we were deciding to sing the hymn or not she had said a little prayer that somehow the kids that were running up and down the stairs would be quiet if we needed ot go forward with the planned lesson.. and Hno Valentin... in that moment... had told them to be quiet... 

So that was a big miracle for us... to see the Gospel bring so much light and clarity into someones life.. he did not come to Church yersterday but we are gong ot visit him tomorrow with a member so I am praying that he comes this week...

Now for the weekly update on Hno Jesus... it is a little complicated and I am relaly not at liberty to discuss a lot of it... we went with our District Leaders to visit him because we almost dropped the fecha with him and he has come to three three times out of five... so we went and finally taught him about the Restoration... I have never felt the Spirit so strong then I did as I recited the ffirst vision and testified of what Joseph Smith saw... I bore testimony that the Gospel would change his life because it had changed mine.. he told us that he wanted more time to prepare for his baptism and we asked him to pray and told him we would be visiting him a lot this week.. we are going to call him tonight to talk to him and see how he is.. he is in a sensitive place right now because he is struggling to quit smoking and his family is not happy that he wants to be baptized.. they are Catholic... I will keep you all posted on his progress... I am praying for my first baptism this week...

The other big miracle is the change in the father of the Walter boys... I have never seen someone change so quickly... he is passing through the process of repentance at this time and it is a difficult one.. he has done a lot of things that he needs to change but I have never seen someone with such a strong desire to do so.. the baptism of ahis boys is a big motivation... they came to Church yesterday and theBishop talked with both Carmen and Simon... we are making progress....

Another little miracle that we had was when we were contacting close to our house... I was talking with Hna Chavez.. not really paying attention when she suddenly asked me.. left or right... without thining I said left... andsuddenly Hna Chavez walks to right and says she wants to contact the house that we were standing in front of... so we yelled out a greeting and a woman came out... the first thing she tells is that shes Catholic and does not want any thing... I tell her that we are there to share a message about Jesus Christ that will strengthen the faith she already has... so she lets us in... and on the table we see the picture of the grandson of a member in our ward.. we ask her if she knows him and she says that it is her grandson... she is the mother of his dad.. we told her how we knew him and instantly she warmed up and we talked for a good ten minutes before starting the lesson... we are going to go back and teach her again this week... Hna Chavez and I took a moment to thank God for that little amusing experience... 

Anyway... I should end this.. know that I love you all.. my testimony is strengthened every day as I see the power of the Gospel to change lives and lift the hands that hang down... we now have a list of all the members in our ward.. 25 pages long... we are preparing an activity to look for the less actives.. wish us luck.. I have a feeling it is going to be a good week... I will let you know how it goes next week... the Church is true... be strong... God loves you all and so do I... 

All My Love, 




NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment