Monday, August 12, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me..

Hola Todos!

First of all, gracias to everyone who wished me a happy birthday.. this time last year I never imagined I would be out on my mission for my 21st birthday... I expected to be getting my call but to actually have been out for some time is a wondeful blessing that I would not trade for the world...

There were problems with the computer this morning so I am going to make this relatively short and skip over the fact that we did not find anyone this week that was ready for the Gospel... it was a hard week with hours of effort and almost zero results... Hna Chavez is definitely the stronger of the two of us and said some things that I needed to hear when I was feeling discouraged...

Oh by the way.... we did not have cambios and are still together... God is good to us...

The biggest miracle of this week was with Familia Walter... when we started visiting them almost six weeks ago the husband... Simon... did not want any thing to do with us... when we would visit he would pretend to be asleep in the adjoining room and we would simpy share some thing with his wife and three boys... anyway... we have been seeing little changes in him for the past three weeks or so and we went by with members yesterday and we set a date for the baptism of his two older boys... a day far enough away in which he could prepare to baptize his sons... if I can be here to see them baptized I will feel like this was a sucessful cambio and that my time here in Colon has not just been about planting seeds..

It was a good week for lessons with members... we had a goal of 10 and ended up with 15... some members also introduced us to a huge family of 14 kids who are grown and have kids of their own and not all of them are members.. we are going to go back and visit a part of the family this week and I am hoping that one of these days we can havea  big get together wiht all of them and really understand why they are all inactive...

Sorry this is so short.. I have a lot of emails to read today and I have to write the mission president still so I will end this by sending that I have felt the love of the members a lot the past few days... almost every house I have gone to they have had a little party for me for my brithday... one of the members even called me at 7 this morning to wish me happy birthday... we are going to spend our Pday with her and her family and have cake and stuff so just know that I do not feel too far away from family because God has blessed with family here who love me and are making my day special...

Also if you could keep a member in your prayers... Carlos Ovalle... he is 24 years old and is going blind.. we went and visited him and he could not see us when we offered our hands for him to shake... the doctors are going to try and do another operation but the outlook is bleak for him in this moment... he has a strong faith and testimony and that is supporting him but please just remember him in your parayers if you can... also Hno. Jesus... he came to church yesterday which makes it three times... the hurdle is getting him to stop smoking and drinking coffee before his baptism... he is progressing slowly and I have faith that he will be ready by the 24th...

I love you all so much... know that you are in my prayers... thank you for all your prayers and support...

All My Love,
Hna Wilson



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment