Monday, September 29, 2014

Cuz Ive Had The Time of My Life....

And I owe it all to Him....

Hola a Todos!

Well this is it. The last email that you will all be getting from me! I hope you have enjoyed reading my experiences as much as I have enjoyed sharing them and living them. 

It was a crazy last week but it all paid off to see Gerald all dressed in white. He told me that when he entered the water he felt like he had been brought to stand before God and he felt pure and utter peace knowing that he was clean and worthy to be there. He said coming out of the water was like tasting a small piece of heaven. That for me... is some thing I shall carry in my heart always. 

On Sunday Gerald was confirmed and he also recieved the Aaronic preisthood and was ordained to the office of presbitero.... after church one of the members was showing him and another newly ordained presbitero how to prepare, bless, and clean up after the Sacrament. He will bless the sacrament in two weeks and though I will not be there I know that in a years time I will be recieving an email from him letting me know that he is going to serve a mission of tiempo completo. The branch is very excited about him and he spreads rays of animo and entuiasmo wherever he goes.

We also had the joy of seeing Maris interest go up. She hasthe desire to learn, wants to be baptized but needs to get married. The problem also exist that her boyfriend needs to get a divorce first so my companion will have her hands full. I feel privileged to have met her in such a miraculous way and I left my info so I hope to be hearing about great things later. 

To end this email... it was really just a week of tears... Gerald showed up at the last minute and asked my companion and I to sing one more time for him the hymn that we had sang at his baptism. He cried, Hna. Rios, my old companion, and the member that was there cried also. Everyone except for me. I dont know... I just feel this profound peace... I feel like I gave it my all and God is happy with what I have done. When I first came to Panama I felt like I was returning to a place that I had been before and now I understand why.

I feel grateful for this time that I have had to serve my Savior. I have come to know many people in Panama. I am grateful that God trusted me enough to feed his sheep here in this beautiful country. While I watched the Gospel change their lives... they changed me. And when I looked into the eyes of those who thirsted for the truth I saw the love of my Savior. I saw a Man of Sorrows, acquinted with grief... who has asked us to go unto all nations.. baptizing in the name of the Father and the son... I love my Savior so much. I am grateful for this time that I have had to consecrate to him. I ache for it again but know that this is not the end. The best is yet to come...

I love you all so much! Thank you for all your love prayers and support throughout this experience. It was the hardest experience of my life but also the greatest. I am ready for whatever God has planned for me. I hope to see and talk with you all very soon.

If you wish to respond to this email send it to the following... haleywilson123@hotmail.com

All My Love, 
Hna. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment