Monday, September 23, 2013

Though Our Time I Through, I Leave My Heart With You

Hola Todos!

Okay so for those of you who do not know I was transfered to a new area with a new companion and God has taught me really quickly what my purpose here is. I was transfered to the province called Chitre, more specifically Santiago. It is a huge area... my companion told me that it is going to split with this next transfer... my companions name is Hna Cuyan... she is also from Guatemala and was a nurse before her mission so she is taking good care of me as far as my foot is concerned....

The title has to do with the fact that I miss Hna Chavez like crazy... its like I said goodbye to my family all over again and each time she calls me to let me know about the fruits she is know seeing from our work together I want nothing more then to be with her... I love her so much... it doesnt help that she put a bunch of little hearts with messages in a lot of my things and I keep finding them... I know that one day we will be together again and that right now we have a work to do for the Lord but that doesnt lessen the pain of missing her so much....

Anyway, as I said I am now in Santiago.... and God is doing a very good job and helping me find my purpose here. First I have to admit that everywhere we go I feel I been there before... especially yesterday when we went and had dinner with the Padilla Family.... its weird but I know that it is God telling me that there is where He needs me right now...

One of the other reasons that I am needed here is my companion... she had a really really hard transfer before I came... it is almost exactly what I experienced with my first companion and so I am basically doing what Hna Chavez had to do with me.. pick up the pieces and show her that she is a good missionary and help her understand that the mission really is the best 18 months of your life.... she told me a lot of things that I said to Hna Chavez our first few days together... I am just hoping that I can be every thing that she and the Lord need me to do be to finish her training and prepare to at some point train a new missionary...

My other purpose here is the new gringa that is being trained here in the area... Hna Hanson.. she lives just next store to us with her trainer... who does not speak any English and Hna. Hanson does not speak any Spanish... yesterday the poor girl was crying in the Gospel Principals class because she could not understand any thing so I called her over to sit with me and i did my best to translate for her.. which mentally killed after three meetings but it helped me know that I am where God needs me.

Okay so I am dying to share this spriritual experience that Hna Cuyan and I had this past Friday... It was with an investigator named Michael Delgado... he has been taking lessons from the missionaries for almost two years.... we taught him about the word of wisdom and he accepted it and talked about ways he could change his behavior to obey the commandment... we then started talking to him about his baptisimal date which was scheduled for this week... he told us that he did not know what baptism was so we read scriptures and talked about it as a covenant we make with God... he told us that he was a man of little faith and that he done so many things in his life for which he felt truly horrible... we talked to him about examples of faith in the scriptures and testified that he could leave that all behind him by preparing to be baptized and follow the example of jesus Christ... he said he would accept the 5th of October as his baptisimal date if he recieved an answer that the Church was true... so we started talking to him about coming to Church on Sunday.. he told us that he was worried to leave his family for three hours to come to church.. we testified that nothing would happen while he was at Church because God would watch over his home and his family... at this point both my companion and Michael were crying... I think the only reason I wasnt is because someone had to keep a level head in the lesson.. the Spirit was so strong though.... it has been a long time since I have felt the Spirit like that...

We decided to ask to have the closing prayer and we invited Michael to do it.. asking him to open his heart to God about the things we had talked about... we all got down on our knees and he started to pray... he said a beautiful prayer about God helping him to open his mind and his heart to the truth... he asked for God to give him some kind of sign that this was the path he should take and I was praying with all my heart that Heavenly Father would answer His prayer in that moment.... Michael ended the prayer and we all just knelt there and watched him start to cry alll over again...

We sat back down and asked him what he felt.... he told us he did not know... his grandma who is a member and was there with us asked him also and finally he told us that he did not feel bad. He said that he had never felt like that when he was praying before.. we asked him what exactly he was talking about.... he told us that as he was praying he felt a man next to him but when he opened his eyese there was no one there... we testified to him that was his answers and he nodded his head.. again we asked him if he would be baptized on October 5th and if he would come to Church that Sunday... he told us that he would... we had to leave because itw as almost 9:30 and the good news is that he did come to Church yesterday... the only investigator that came to Church yesterday.... the Spirit was so strong in Michaels house that we did not want to leave... I am very confident and have a lot of faith that we will see his baptism on the 5th of October...

Another thing to start thinking about is General Conference... its coming up on the 5th of October and I encourage all of you to start thinking about questions that you want God to answer... or that you would ask the Savior if you were talking with Him face to face.... I can testify from experience that those questions will be answered... I hope that wil help you get more out of General Conference...

I love you all so much... I know this church is true and that this is the work of the Lord... I know that God gives us trials because He loves us and he wants us to grow... never stop looking to Him... I wanted to share with you guys that last photo that Hna Chavez and I took together.. also the photo with our new companions... I love you all so much.. until next week. Siempre Fuertes!

All My Love, 
Hna. Wilson



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment