Monday, September 16, 2013

Too Good To Last Forever...

Hola Todos!

Okay so this week was definitely a trial of patience and faith... in total we had six lessons because all of our attempts to work with members pretty muc h failed. Hna. Chavez ended up going to work in another area and i went and stayed with some members which was weird because it felt more like being on vacation then being on a mission. One of the daughters had an air conditioned room and so that was heaven for a few hours... 

I took the opportunity to help one of the girls with her English homework and also shared some scriptures and a message with the whole family... my opportunties to teach are now fewa nd few between... I try to make the most of them when they come... 

That opportunity to teach that family was a small miracle for me... though I did not have a companion... which was realy weird... my favorirte thing to do is to teach families and everyone participated and was attentive... I am grateful to my Father in Heaven for the beautiful opportunity...

Another little miracle that we had was when we had to go out and buy dinner on Saturday night... when we got to the 99 every one and their brother was there... we saw like three members when we were just walking in... it turned out to be a blessing though because a member of our stake let us cut in front of him to buy our things and another member drove us home in their taxi for free... I feel like God is really looking out for us in a lot of ways... 

An update on my foot... well... it was doing great until we had to go to the city on Friday which is about two hours away... it entails a lot of walking and when we got home that night there was not a single taxi to take us where we needed to go so we ended up having to walk then also... about a fifteen minute walk over sidewalks that were not realy sidewalks.... so my foot was about double the normal size and hurt like crazy... really my only desire was to cut the cast off so my foot could swell to its heart content.... it has not been the same since... basically the thing is if I do not have it elevated for more than ten minutes it swells and become black and blue because the blood cant circulate passed my swollen ankle to my toes... some times i wonder if the cast if helping at all... 

To talk about some thing a little happier.... the multi zone conference that we had with elder Ochoa was beauitful... my favorite talk was by Hna Carmack, our mission presidents wife... she talked about the account of Peter walking on the water to Christ in Matthew 14.... she focused on the Saviors simple admonition to come... that when we recieved our mission calls the Savior said to us... Come to Panama... and just as Peter had the faith to leave the boat and walk to Christ we had the faith to leave every thing we knew and held dear to come to Panama.... I was thinking about this the other day as I struggled to sleep because of the pain in my foot... maybe right now I cannot even walk to my Savior literally speaking.... but my soul.... and my heart... hunger for the love the quiet assurance that in this moment of difficulty... in this trial... especially since I discovered that God needs me elsewhere with a new companion starting this Wednesday.... in the midst of all these trials I know that I can find peace in the one that is always calling me to come... 

So we have cambios... transfers... and it is hard for me I am seeking my Savior and trying to enjoy these last few days with Hna Chavez... I am so grateful for the time that I have had with her... it feels like I am saying goodbye to a family member but she will always hold a special place in my heart as my sister and my friend... I love her so much... but now it is some elses turn to have the privilege of loving and knowing her...

I know that some times change is hard... but I know that God knows what He is doing... there is some thing He needs me to do in some other area with so other companion... though I am sad to leave Hna Chavez I am not afraid for what is going to happen because I know my Savior is with me always... one of my favorite scriptures is Isaiah 41:10 which reads... fear thou not, for I am with thee, be not afraid for I am thy God... I will strengthen thee... yea I will help thee... yea I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.. 

I believe those words of the Lord with my whole heart... at the moment things are hard but they can only get better... of this I know... until next week... I love you all so much... thank you for al your prayers and your love...

All My Love, 
Hna Wilson



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment