Monday, October 28, 2013

Seek Him With All Thy Heart and Soul

Hola Todos!

So I wanted to do my email a little different today... we went out to work on Saturday but no one wanted any thing to do with us because well... they just didnt... yesterday I had to pack because the assistants to the president are coming to get my suitcases because I have transfers.... I dont know if I should tell you where I am going  yet because I am technically not supposed to know but President Carmack let me know where I will be going... I will just say that it shows how merciful God is to those who wait for Him. 

So I dont have much to say except I am ready to work and I have cambios so I wanted to share with you guys some quotes that I read this week and that I loved along wtih sciptures that I found... they are quotes that help explain what I have learned this last cambio with the problems with my foot and every thing that came along with it.

Arthur Tappan Pierson said: It is in the deepest darkness of the starless midnight that men learn how to hold to the hidden Hand most tightly and how that Hand holds them; that He sees where we do not, and knows that way He takes;; and though the way be to us a roundabout way, it is the right way.

with that quote.... I was reading in Duetronomy 4:29-31 which reads, thou shalt seek the Lord, they God, thou shallt find Him, if thou seek him wiht all they heart and with all they soul. When thou are in tribulation and all these things are come upon thee... if thou turn to the Lord they God and shalt be obedient unto His voice He will not forsake thee...

The first lesson that I learned this change is that God works perfectly... it may be in a way that we cannot see in the moment but He works perfectly and some times He loves us enough to tell us no... while it might be hard He waits... that He may gives us the desires of ours hearts when we think that all is lost... I have learned so much about His love these past six weeks... I know that He loves us so much... we just have believe and let him take us by the hand.

Lift up your eyes. Heavenly Father waits to bless you in inconcievable ways to make your life what you never dreamed it could be. Anne Ortlund

One of my favorite scriptures in Isaiah reads: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint.

I think one of the biggest things I learned this last cambio was patience.. and what it means to really wait on the Lord. Its not a passive resignation to what God is doing with you... it is making the most of your situation and finding joy in your trials and your pain that you might still feel His love and even as your suffering the pains of growth that He sees fit to place upon  you. 

If the Lord be with us, we have no cause to fear. His eye is upon us, His arm over us, His ear open to our prayer... His grace sufficient, His promises unchangeable. John Newton

and in Daniel 10:19 we read... O man, greatly beloved, fear not, peace be unto thee, be strong, yea be strong. And when He had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my Lord speak for thous hast strengthened me.

I read another quote recently that talked about how God will only gives us the answers that we are able to handle in the moment.. He knows our limits... our weknesses and our strengths.. He will never test us beyond that which we cannot stand... 

I just have one more quote and then I am going to send this off....

St. Augustine said: God of our life, there are days when the burdens we carry chafe our shoulders and weigh us down; when the road seems dreary and endless, the skies grey and threatening; when our lives have no music in them. and our hearts are lonely, and our souls have lost their courage. Flood the path with the light, run our eyes to where the skies are full of promise; tune our hearts to brave music ; give us the sense of comradeship wiht heroes and saints of every age; and so quicken our spirits that we may be able to encourage the souls of all who journey with us on the road of life, to Your honor and glory.

That is my invitation to all of you... look for the light in the darkness... even when it seems like there is none... reemmber that Goid works perfectly... and me we hope in good things to come... until next week... when I can tell you where the Lord has decided I am needed now.... I love you all so much... this work is the work of the one True God and He loves all of you so much. Praying for you all! 

With all My Love,
Hna. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment