Monday, December 23, 2013

Feliz Navidad!

Hola Hola Hola!

So I have to admit first that it does not feel like Christmas at all here. At least not for me. While you guys are playing in the snow, drinking hot chocolate, and watching Christmas movies I had a week that was a little bit different... I got a sunburn.. held a monkey... and ate an ice cream that melted faster than I could eat it... I will attach a few photos of the monkey... it is the pet of one of our investigators... 

Also, I have a new best friend here.. she is six.. her name is Staci and every time she sees me she just runs up to me and gives me a huge hug.... it makes me happy and I promised her a chocolate next Sunday so I am obligated to that....

We had a really good week... and a really hot one too... like I said.. I got sunburned one day.. it is the first time my whole mission that I have gotten sunburned... I could not believe it... its the first time in all of my mission that I have gotten sunburned... the sun is a lot stronger in this are and I am not sure why....

Anyway, on to the more spiritual things of the week. So on Thursday I think it was... we went and taught an older gentleman named Octavio... we chatted with him for an hour before we could get things under control to teach a lesson... a little frustrated the thought passed my mind that he was just an old guy who lives a lone and only wants to listen to us so that he can have someone to talk to... he was an evangelical preacher and missionary for a good portion of his life.. he knows the Bible inside and out... honestly... at the beginning of the lesson I did not feel like he would accept what we were offering....

But then we started talking about the Book of Mormon... another testament of Jesus Christ... as we read the introduction he was almost in tears.. he explained to us that when he had found the Evangelical Church in 1966... he still felt like he needed to find some thing more.... we testified to him that this was what he was looking for... he only nodded and told us he would read it... we are going to visit him on Christmas to talk to him about what he has read.... I am confident that if he does not get baptized with Hna. Caldas and I he will get baptized the next transfer.... he really is golden and I feel blessed to be teaching him...

The other miracle that we had was when we walked an hour to find a house... they told us it was in the entrance but an hour later we learned that there were two entrances and that we had chosen the entrance on the other end... when we got there they fed us dinner... which would have been nice if people had not been feeding us in every appotiment that day.... we taught them about the Restoration and tried to commit them to baptism... they did not say no but they did not say yes... they cordially invited us back and promised that they would be in Church this next week... Andi and Mirla and their two kids Josephine and Andi Jr.... they are special.. I could feel it as we taught them... they were also an answer to a prayer because Hna. Caldas and I were praying that we could find a family for Christmas and we found them... 

To end this email I wanted to attach a picture of the monkey that one of our investigators has. its kind of crazy so it really did not want me to hold it but I at least managed to get a couple good pictures.. I hope it makes you all laugh...

Anyway, thats all I have for you guys... I just want to leave you with my testimony that I know that this work is the work of the Lord... that He loves us... that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He is always working perfectly in our lives for our Good... I love you all so much and I hope you all hava a very Merry Christmas....

Love, 
Hna. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment