Monday, January 20, 2014

Transfers and a Trip to Panama

Hola Todos!

I hope my email finds you all excellente this fine Monday morning here in sunny Puerto Armuelles.. its is so hot that I got sunburned the other day... hows that for January weather... anyway I guess I should jump right into it because I had an excellent week....

For the first time in a long time I do not have transfers... we recieved the phone call yesterday and my companion is leaving.. she is excited and I am excited. We had a really good six weeks together with a lot of miracles and I can already see the beginnings of the fruits that are going to come as a result of our work together. On a side note, I forgot to mention last week that I ate cow intenstines for lunch... it was... not that good... it was just like eating a fatty piece of meat and I would not choose to eat it again but we will see what they feed us.. 

Just wante dto send a shout out to my cousin Trevor... Happy Birthday Trev! I cannot blieve how old you are getting! 

Okay so I wanted to start by talking about my pride and joy here in Puerto... his name is Octavio..  we went and visited on Tuesday and he was really sick so we offered the elders to come and give him a blessing he accpeted and... bless the elders hearts... tehy came within a half an hour. When the elders gave him a blessing he told us that he felt some thing very similar to what he felt when he read the Bible for the first time.. some thing that he cannot explain... we testified that it was the spirit telling him that all of this was true... that al came from God. 

He came to the baptisimal service of an hermano named Margarito.. I talked to him after the service and he accepted to be baptized the first of February... he came to church yesterday also and when a member had a question about the Book of Mormon he basically bore a testimony... wihtout realizing it... about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.. Elder Willis was teaching the class and when Hno. Octavio stopped talking Elder Willis was all chocked up as he testified to Hno. Octavio that he already knew it was true... pray for him please.. that he can overcome whatever obstacle Satan is going to put in his path to keep him from getting baptized. He is so ready... the only thing he lacks now is time until the baptisimal date.. we will finish teahing him all the lessons this week... I am so excited... I definitely feel that he is one of the people that I came her eto Panama to find...

We also went with Familia Atencio this week and learned that they do not hav ea testimoy of the Book of Mormon... so we are going to work it out with members so that they can go with us to read with them and if we can find someone willing... that they can go and read with them also... 

We also visted a less active member that served a mission like 10 years ago... we shared a lesson with her about setting goals for the New Year and crying she told us that she wanted to go to the temple because its been almost ten years since shes gone... the branch is going to the temple on the 14th of February so our goal is to get her there...

So I had to go to the city this week... which means eight hours in a bus one way... a 16 hour trip in the space of like 48 hours but we took the opportunity to go the temple and I recievedx an answer to a prayer in D y C 109:44. 

Anyway thats pretty much ll for now.. I am anxious to find out who my new companion is.... I feel so blessed to be hear... the branch is getting stronger every day I hope to see miracles this next change with my new companion. I love you all so much. I love this work and I love our Heavenly Father and our Savior. I know that every thing that we go through we go through for a reason... even the hard things.. and if we just keep our chin up and keep moving forward... it will all work together for our good. Never lose faith... never look back. The future can always be better than the past. 

Love, 
Hna. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment