Monday, January 27, 2014

First Fruits

Hola! 

So here we are... another week come and gone in beautiful Panama. Almost another month really... I cant believe that we are already finishing January of 2014....  the time goes so fast and I am working to enjoy every minute of it.

So I have a new companion. Her name is Hna. Silvera. She is also from Peru like Hna. Caldas.. she actually came in the group that Hna. Caldas in and has the same time here in the mission... almost five months... she is a good missionary and I think it will be a good change together... she just has to adjust a great deal because she has spent the last five months in the city where the church attendance is up close to 200 and here its about 50.... so yeah... I think once she gets adjusted and learns to see all the little ways in which the branch is improving she will be happier here.

Another happy note is that Hna. Chavez and I are in the same zone. While we are still praying with all our hearts to be together again we have to count our blessings that we are closer and see each other once a week....

Okay now for the huge blessings that we saw this week. Apart from the fact that the branch is now holding ward councils once a week Hno Ocatvio is going to get baptized this week. We went and visted him twice in the last three or four days and he thanked us profusely both times for brinigng him to a knowledge of the truth. I wanted to cry.. it was one of the most special moments of the mission and I know I am going to cry when he gets baptized.... another rather humorous miracle that we saw with him this week was when we went we visted him on Saturday. He told us that the night before he could not sleep so he got up and turend the tv on and and found himself watching a movie about a missionary in Samoa or some thing....the more he talked the mor I thought... wow this sound s a lot like The Other Side of Heaven.... then my comp confirmed that it was and we had to laugh.. het alked to us for a good fifteen minutes about the movie and how excited he was to go to church and ask the class about the Book of Mormon and stuff... 

He is about as excited to be baptized as we are to see him get baptized.. he is a dream come ture.. I know he is one of the people I promised so long ago I would find here in Panama...

The other miracle that we had was with the Familia ATencio.. the mom came to church yesterday.. it is the first time in years and if my comp and I have any to say about it we are going to see the whole family in church this coming week... she left happy and so I am praying that when we go to visit her this week she will want to come back... the members noticed too which is good for us because they can see that we are working... 

Things are improving here in Puerto ARmuellas.... I am content... I feel like I had a great change with Hna. Caldas and that I am in for another great change with Hna. Silvera... thats all I have for you guys this week.... I hope all is well... the church is true and the works is moving forward quickly. Until next week.. with photos from the baptism... 

Love,
Hna. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment