Monday, July 8, 2013

All In The Lords Time...

Hola Todos!

Okay so this week was full of both struggles and miracles... I learned just how much Hermana Morales had not taught me and how many people we had not visited... bless her heart I believe she did her best but this past week was full of finding investigators that I had never met and also searching out new investigators that dont need to get married or divorced... I believe Hermana Chavez and I now know almost our entire area which is saying some thing because it is pretty big. 

Hermana Chavez and I tried a lot different things this week and had some pretty miraculous experiences because of it... also... Megan... I saw a sloth yesterday and thought of you.. he was hanging in a tree eating mangos.. I did not have my camera so unfortunately I could not take pictures but know that it was pretty awesome and I will try to be prepared the next time I see one. 

The first miracle that we had with finding was on Monday... we had divisiones... Hermana Chavez was in another area and our ZL for the hermanas came here to work with me... God has a sense of humor because her name is Hermana Wilson also so when we were contacting and introducing ourselves people could not belieave that we were not related... it was pretty funny... anyway we went up to work in Vista Tropical... I had spent the last week thinking of a street that I wanted to contact.... every time I thought of that part of my area I saw that street in my head... Hermana Chavez and I had just not had time to do it... so Hermana Wilson and I planned for it that Monday together... 

We went up there and walked all the way to the end of the street... nothing... we stood there for a minute and I said a silent prayer... asking God to show us why He had wanted us to contact this street... in that moment we both started walking towards the last house on the street.. when we approached an Hermana... who we later learned is named Beatrice... asked us if we were missionaries... when we said yes she asked if we had pamphlets... we said yes and asked if we could share a message with her... she is basically golden.. unfortunately she does not live in our area she was only there to watch her grandkids... we gave her the number of the elders in our area and left a pamphlet with her... 

Later this past week we went back because I wanted Hermana Chavez to know her... we sat with her and she told us that she had read the entire pamphlet and that she wanted to know more... we introduced her to the Book of Mormon and taught her about Joseph Smith... she had so many questions that we ran out of time... we committed her to reading and praying and have plans to go back and teach her again... we are planning on commiting her to baptism this time so we will let you all know how that goes next week... we also got her address in the area of the elders and gave it to our ZLs and we are hoping to talk to them today to see if they were able to contact her... she is definitely special... she told us she is looking for the one true church and we bore testimony to her that she had found it.. only time will tell... 

The other finding miracle was when we were looking for an old investigator named Augustina Kelly... she is blind and the previous missionaries had visited her and given her a Book of Mormon in Braile.. but I had never visited her with Hermana Morales so it was in an area that I had never been... to top it off the address that we had in our area book was incorrect so... we spent two hours looking for her... we asked everyone that we saw and got like seven addresses for return visits in the process... we found an hermano by the name of Jesus Martin who asked us for a Book of Mornon because he had talked with missionaries before... when we left he was reading the introduction which is a great sign.. plus he does not need to get married which is a plus for us... 

Okay... back to Augustina Kelly... we had asked a woman earlier where she lived and she gave us directions that Hermana Chavez and I did not quiet understand... we were talking with Jesus Martin when we saw that same woman... we told her that we had not been able to find Hermana Kelly and so she announced that she was going to... show us where she lived.. we talked with her for a good ten minutes and she was very impressed with the fact that we had left our homes and our families to spend 18 months serving the Lord... I asked her where she lived and she told us an area that I believe is the area of some elders in our Zone... I dont know why but I did not feel I should ask her for her address... I know God has a plan for every thing and even though I was kicking myself for not doing it I believe that if had needed to do it God would have let me know...

We found Hermana Kelly with two sisters from... I think it was an Evengelical Christian church.. I am not sure... they had some snide remarks for us but we talked with Hermana Augustina and set up a return appoitment with her... I am excited to teach her... we are going back either tomorrow or Wednesday with a member that lives really close... 

Okay Sunday... Sundays are the best... Hermana Chavez and I fast on Saturdays and so I believe it is for that reason that we have our biggest miracles on Sundays... we had been fasting for a lot of things but one of our biggest hopes was that the members would work with us more... we left the room where we had ended our fast together with a prayer and in that moment one of the leaders of the young women came up to us and asked us if we would go with the youth the next Sunday to visit the less active youth whose parents are not members... of course we said yes and on our way to lunch Hermana Chavez and I talked about what it miracle it was... slowly... very slowly... God is helping us to gain the confidence of the members... I believe we are goin gto have a lot of lessons with members this week. 

After lunch we went up to Vista Allegre and first contacted a family of less actives and we learned some things about them that I do not feel I should share but is going to make for an intersting next four weeks I believe... We then went to look for a reference I had recieved from a woman when we went to the temple on Tuesday.... we had been talking and she spontaneously tells me that she not interested in our message but that she has a daughter that lives in our area that might be... so we set out in search for Alba Evangelica... we tried to follow the dirrections that we had been given.... the last house at the top of the stairs... or some thing like that... so we went up the only stairs we saw.. 136 stairs later we found our selves not knowing where to go (Hermana Chavez counted when we went down) we asked a man by the name of Ismael and got an appoitment with him but he also told us that he did not know an Alba Evangelica... we walked to the last house on the hill that we were on and tried contacting it... no one... I felt that we needed to keep going but I walked a little ways and did not see any more houses... we had stopped and had a prayer and so we were both silent as we tried to listen to what the Spirit was telling us to do. 

Hermana Chavez suggested that we head back down... that we probably were not going to find it... as we went I saw a house and just felt the need to contact it... so we talked with the woman that was standing on porch and asked her about Hermana Alba... she told us that our reference was not for one person but two... they were sisters... Alba y Angelica... and she gave us dirrections to the house... so we headed back the way we came... 

There we found an hermano by the name of Uriel who we later learned is the husband of hermana Angelica who was not at home... we asked if we coudl share some thing with him and so we sat on his porch with him and his two year old son and taught him the first half of the plan of Salvation... when we extended the commitment for him to be baptized he said yes... and he accepted a baptisimal date for the 27th of July... the only set back is that he and his wife need to get married... we are going to head back there this week to meet his wife and hopefully commit her to a date also... 

We left knowing that the Lord had guided us to Uriel and his family... he was definitely someone that has been prepared by the Lord to recieve the Gospel... its really true that good things come to those who wait... I have waited almost two months to put my first fecha with someone that the Spirit led me to find... Hermana Chavez and I determined to put a lot more fechas this week... our focus is on finding new investigators and we both know that with work and with God we will have the success that we want and find the people that He wants us to find... 

I am so grateful for all the experieces this week... I am grateful for a companion who I love and who loves me... we hate looking at the days passing so rapidly... it is far to fast for both of us... we are hoping for another cambio together but God knows what we need and if we needed 12 weeks together... we will have it... 

I love you all so much... I am going to send another email with pictures so I am going to end this email now.. until next week... 

All My Love, 
Hermana Wilson



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment