Monday, July 15, 2013

So I Can Go To Church With You Guys... Right....

Hey Guys!

I am going to preface this by saying that this was probably the most interesting week I have had in the mission and also one of the most spiritual.. Tuesday we went to the city for a Zone Conference to meet our new mission president... President Carmack... he is from New Jersey and was a lawyer in New York... he seems like a good nice guy... I think we will get to know him better when he comes out here for interviews and stuff... anyway... at the Zone Conference he had some people in the ward there cook for us and it turns out that the meat was either poorly prepared or prepared to early or some thing because every missionary that ate was sick the entire week... my companion and I included... we talked with our Hermana ZLs because they were not sick and they told us that they had been fasting on Tuesday... we got a good laugh out of that... you guys know me though... we kept working until our ZLs ordered us to take the afternnoon to rest on Friday... we still went out and worked in the evening.. it was really hard for me to relax though... I just laid there and thought about all the appoitments we were not going to.... I think I need to learn to relax a little bit...  by Saturday we were feeling better and we made the mistake of fasting Saturday evening ot Sunday afternoon and I felt pretty sick all day yesterday but that did not stop us from working... relax though... I am feeln gbetter today and Hermana Chavez and I are spending our Pday at home relaxing...  now on to the miracles this week... 

The biggest miracle came last Monday when Hna Chavez went out looking for a reference or a guy that had really only given us his address because he thought we were pretty but we were hoping that if his wife was with him he would be a little calmer... so we went looking for a not very specific address... when we could not find it we sat down and had a prayer... knowing that there was someone else that God wanted us to find... we prayed for guidance and then we stood up and started walking... we contacted a seventeen year old guy named Ezekial and got a return appoitment with him.. we passed by his house twice this week and bot htimes he was not there so we are going to try one more time and if hes not there were going to leave it a little while... 

We had walked to the end of the street and were walking back when we passed a house where an older guy was standing on his porch looking at his dog who was obviously very sick.. we said hello and I paused.. feelin glike we needed to talk wit him... he sai dsome thing about his dog which brought Hna Chavez back... she had continued to walk a few paces ahead of me... we talked with him for a inute and for some reason Hna Chavez could understand him... she told me later that she was prayingy that because she could not understand that I would be able to... and I could... perfectly... it occured to me that maybe he spoke English because of the way he talked in Spanish... then he told us his name and this feeling of familiarity overcame me... I knew this person... I knew this person wel... but I had never met him before.. at least not in this life... when he told us his name it would like I was being reunited with an old friend... and I knew that he was one of the reasons I am here in Colon... Fransisco Dixon... without thinking I asked if we could share a message with him and said of course... he let us in to his porch and we sat down... and I felt... home... we started to talk to him and we leaned why we had found him...

He is a man with incredible faith... he has been married for thirty years and his wife...a t one point could not walk because she had problems with her back... he prayed and prayed that she would get better... promising God that if she did he would quit drinking... he said like a month after that she was walking and so he stopped drinking... he has truly been prepare dby the hand of the Lord.... we went back and visited him on Thursday and he told us that right when we left his dog got better... he said it was because we had prayed for him and he knew that we were an answer to his prayers to hel phim and his family... on Thursday we invited him to be baptized and he told us that he had already been baptized before but that if God wanted him to be baptized again he would do it.. he then asked us if he could come to church with us on Sunday and we told him of course... we had already invited him three times... he told us that he had to work but that he would try his best to come... this past Sunday he was not able to make it but we know that it was becaus ehe could not get off work... we are going to visit and teach him on Tuesday so I will let you guys know what happens with that.... I truly hope I will have the opportunity to see him baptized... I know that he was one of my friends that I was sent here to Panama to find and I am grateful that God led us to him.. oh and he speaks English.. he is 52 years old... from the West Indies and was in the Air Force and lived in Texas.... so yeah... my initial thought was correct... . 

Another experience we had that was mor einteresting then spiritual this week was when we were teaching Familia Roberts... who also speak English and are from the West Indies.. I felt like we found tons of people who speak English this week.. anyway.. we brought a member to the lesson and it turns out the member knows the daughter of the family so that made getting in the door and teaching really easy... at the end of the lessons we asked Hna Soña if she would pray about what we had taught and she said yes.. bows her head and starts praying and Hna Chavez and I quickly bow our heads and tried not to laugh... we were so shocked... we talked for a little while longer and they told us to call to set up our next appoitnment with them... we are hoping to go back later this week with the same member... they are super Catholic but we are going to try extending a baptisimal invitation and seeing what happens... 

Another little miracle this week was finding 32 year old Roxanna Rueben... we were walking down a street after our cita had fallen through and we had prayed to find someone else... we were certain that God wanted us to find someone else so we were walking and Hna Chavez asked me what house I thought we should contact... I looked at the yellow one we were stnading in front of and also at the red on ea little ways away and told her that I was torn between the two... I started walking to feel weather I should go back or go forward and Hna Chavez called me back... so we contacted the yellow house... as soon as we approached Hna Roxanna came out.. after talking for a minute we asked if we could share a message about jesus Christ with her and she said yes... we taught her about the Plan of Salvation and set up an appoitment to come back.. she is interested and she ansswers our questions really in depth... we are hoping to put a fecha with her this week... 

The lsat miracle of the week was meeting the rest of Uriels family... even though he was not present in the lesson and the fecha with him is really unsure at this point we had the privilege of meeting his wife Angelica... her sister Alva and their siblings Jonathan... Argellies... and the nine year old son of Alva whos name I cannnot remember... we taught them about the plan of Salvation and Hna Chavez kind of let me take the lead with them... I dont know what happened but before I knew it we were teaching.. they were answering and we even through in a joke here and there that made them genuinely laugh... when we committed them to baptism they said that they were Cahtolic but that we could come back every day if we wanted and teach them... they are all going ot be together again on Saturday so we are going to back around then and hopefully Hno Uriel wll be in the lesson... 

So it was just a really good week of findin gpeople... in total we have 11 new investigators and we found the family that we had been wanting to find.... God was really merciful this week and I know its because we tried our best to work even though we relaly did not feel like doin git... I am praying for six more weeks with Hna Chavez... .it is sad to realize that we have reached the half way point in cambios... I am going to end this email by saying that I lov eyou all so much! You are in my prayers... we pray for you every time we pray together and if you hve been a missionary you know thats a lot.... I hope all is well with all of you... until next week....

All My Love, 
Hna Wilson



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment