Monday, July 1, 2013

And Then If Thou Endure It Well...

God will give you an angel for a companion. 

Hola Todos!

I have so many things to tell you and not a lot of time to do it. First, Grandma I finally got the pictures... just letting you know! Things are good here... I am happier then I can ever remember being in my mission and I will now tell you why...

I got a new companion... her name is Hermana Chavez... to understand the implications of this we need to back track to my CCM days. I had a teacher in the CCM named Hermano Chavez... he told Hermana Worth and I that his sister was serving in Panama. AT the time she had a companion who was training her named Hermana Wilson... I jokingly told Hermano Chavez that it was a sign that his sister and I would be companions... 

Then the day of cambios... I was standing with Hermana Morales and Hermana Bonilla looking for Hermana Chavez. I just wanted to meet her.... her brother had relly had an impact on me and I just wanted to know who she was. Suddenly I look and there she is... we talked for a minute but did not have a lot of time.... then we went for cambios... they show a video with pictures and they put the pictures together of who will be companions one companionship at a time.... Hermana Bonilla ended up with Hermana Worth which also makes for a small world and I anxiously waited to see I would get. When I saw Hermana Chavezs picture next to mine I cried... Hermana Bonilla hugged me and told what a good missionary Hermana Chavez is and how lucky I was... she did not need to tell me though... through tears I told Hermana Morales and Hermana Bonilla that I had hoped that at some point I would serve with Hermana Chavez... D y C 58,4 says that after much tribulation come the blessins... we both had hard companionships this last cambiio and I know for me... she is a great blessing... 

We have spent the past four days here really getting to know our investigators... we have learned a lot of things that I really cannnot talk about with you guys for the sole reason that its personal but I do have a favor to ask of you guys. We have a couple. He is an investigator and she is a memory. They are living together... he wants to get baptized but first he has to divorce his first wife and then they have to get married... one of my ZLs told me it could take as long as four months... Hna Chavez and I were talking about the situation Saturday night and both felt that the mode of action to take was to talk to them about separating until the divoce coudl go through and they could get married.... that way they could both be living the law of chasity... she could be living her covenants and he could get baptized... the favor is that you pray for us and for them this week... we are meeting with them on Saturday and we are just hoping that we can talk to them in a way that will understand that it is out of love.... 

So yesterday was the first time I felt lost... but before I get to that I need to tell you about another miracle Hermana Chavez and I had. We went on Thursday so Hermana Chavez could meet Hermana Niska... when we got there she asked me how long it had been since we had come and visit her... I shamefully admitted that we had not come by for almost 11 days... some thing Hermana Chavez and I are making up for now.... we went by again on Sunday and as we taught her about the Book of Mormon she told us that she could not find the pamphlet that we had left with her last time and asked for another... she said that she liked reading them.... we were leaving so we handed her another pamphlet and she said she would called us when she knew what her schedule was this week so we could come by.... we are going to go by tonight to leave a card and a little treat as a pick me up after her first day back at work.... I will let you know how that goes... It is just such a blessing because the first three visits or so Hermana Nishka did not look very interesting.. but now it is very obvious that she is and that she likes what she is learning... I will be sure to keep you all posted on her progress but I am positive that she will get baptized this cambio... God willing... 

The biggest miracle that Hermana Chavez and I had happened yesterday. We were looking for a family and I had a rough map in my head that had been drawn for me by Hermana Morales. We headed that way and I was slightly flustered because the map was not a very good one. We asked an hermana if she knew the family and she said now. Hermana Chavez suggested we come back with a member and I told her that I felt we should ask one more time... so we went back the way we had come and asked a family sitting on the porch if they knew the family.. they said they did and gave us rough directions to their house... we then turned around and once again went back the way we had just come... we had not gone five feet when we all but walked into a guy who had been headed in our direction. He asked us where we were going and we told him we were looking for a family with the last name of Walter. He smiled and said his name was Simon Walter... Hermana Chavez and I just stood there for a second as it sunk in that we had just found a family that had not been visited by the missionaries for almost six months.... more than that we knew that God put forth his hand and sent the Holy Ghost to guide us... we set up an appoitment with them for the next Sunday and left very happy.

On the bus ride back we got to talking and not paying attention to where we were going so we ended up in the area of the elders very confused. We walked towards the main road and stopped an hermana, asking her which way we shoud go to get to Nv. Colon. She pointed us in the right direction and then started to walk away... she stopped... turned around asked us if we had a chuch in NV. Colon... we said we did and we started talking about the church and missionaries. I told her that there were elders in her area and asked her if she wanted them to come by and share more with her... she said yes and then proceeded to give us her address and phone number... so now we have  a reference for the elders...
 
Anyway, it has been a really good last four days.... we have taught seven lessons with members and are hoping for a week fulll of lessons with them... we are working to gain their confidence and their trust.. we are learning about our investigators and their needs.... we are going to use large portions of this week to find new investigators and hopefully put some fechas... I love Hermana Chavez so much already.... she is one of the most caring people I have ever met and she is already teaching me so much.... I have a feeling it is going to be a wonderful six weeks... hopefullly more... together and we will see many miracles. We are young missionaries as far as time is concerned... she only has six weeks more than me but we are learning together and I know that as long as we rely on the Lord we will see many great things... 

Thank you for your prayers and your love. Thank you to those of you who respond to my emails... it means so much... know that I pray for you and think of you often... I hope all is well and I will talk with you all next week!

All My Love, 
Hermana Wilson



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment