Monday, July 22, 2013

And If We Need To Change Our Plans...

Let us know...

Hola Todos!

Life here in Panama is pretty much the same as the last time we talked... it rains almost every day... we did not have water again for over 24 hours... I found a colony of ants in my bed again... all an adventure but all the experiences that I am confident are preparing me for after my mission... well I hope I dont have to sleep with ants forever but you get the idea.. 

It was a week of working really hard to really get the members to trust us. We had lunch with the members that we live with for the first time since I came to this area over two months ago... it was a HUGE step in the right direction and they regailed us with stories that we didnt really want to hear about all the problems they had with the missionaries before us... it made me feel good to hear the Hno tell me that when I arrived he relaxed a little because he could see that I was going to try my best to steer my companion in the right direction... it makes me wish I had done more to help her be obedient but oh well.. I cant think about what I should have done right... 

Anyway on to the really good things that happened this week... we taught Hno Fransisco... our fecha... the Restauration and at first he was really really skeptical... then we shared the first vision and after he thought about it for a minute and then said some thing a long the lines of... well I know that God needs to cmmunicate with people through prophets so i think its possible that God used Joseph Smith to restore the Gospel... it makes sense... so things are almost perfect with him except for the fact that he tars his shift of working in the afternoons and so we need to find another time to meet with him... we are praying so hard that he will come to Church this Sunday... fingers crossed.. and arms to haha...

Okay one of the best finding experiences I had this week was with Hna Evelia Hall... sounds American because it kind of is... we were contacting for the hour befor ewe had to go back to the house and we tried a house after saying a quick prayer asking where to go... Hna Evelia came out and was relaly hard... she asked us what we were thinking being out at 8 oclock at night... she told us if we were smart we would go home because it was dangerous in some parts of our area... we assured her that if we could have a few moments of her time we would go straight home... she said okay so we stood there.. sang a hymn for her and shared a brief message about the Plan of Salvation... she did not soften until we gave her the pamphlet... we ended with a prayer and then we just stood there and talked for aminute and joked about my inability to speak Spanish and remember English... by the time we said goodbye she was all smiles and when we visited her yesterday she greeted us warmly and with open arms.. it was really just a feel good moment for Hna Chavez and I and even though Hna Evelia goes back to work this week we are hoping to find her free and at home on Wednesday... 

So God gave me a really big tender mercy this week... Thursday and Friday were hard days for me because we had not taught very many lessons and we had the stress of planning an actitivy that had been in the works for the past three weeks... well the night of the activity only about ten people came... all of them members... except for one... 

When Hno Dario walked into the room and I knew that God was showing me that none of my efforts were wasted... Hna Bonilla and I had found Hno Dario in our first exchange together... we had taught him twice together and then had not been able to contact him after that... but there he was... at the activity.. talking with the members and even better the Bishop is his neighbor and was very pleased to see him there.. like a child on Christmas morning and ran up to Hna Chavez and excitedly told her that Hno Dario had come... she laughed at me but it was just such a big tender mercy because it reminded me that while I am not having baptisms I am planting seeds and finding people that will some day be baptized by other missionaries... 

So the title has to do with the next little experience I am going to share with you... Saturday it was raining ridiculously hard... so we decided to wait a little bit before going to visit Familia Lorenza because it is kind of a difficult place to get to when its not wet... we did not want to break our necks trying to get there when there was rain.. so we sat down and waited.. Hna Chavez and I were both looking at our planners when we looked at each other and Hna Chavez told me she felt we should visit someone else in that moment... I asked her who and I as I looked at my agenda the name.. Jesus Martin jumped out at me... I asked her who she thought we should visit and after a minute she suggested we go visit Jesus Martin... I told her I had been thinking the same thing and so off we went... 

We shared a lesson with him and his father about the Word of Wisdom... his father quit smoking and drinking a year ago and wants his son to stop smoking... we asked Jesus what we could do to help him and in turn asked us if he could go to church with us... and believe it or not for the first time since my mission has started an investigator came to Church... more than that... he came dressed for Church.. with a tie and every thing.. he was chewing a piece of gum to fight the craving to smoke and after the meetings he told us how much he loved it and how he wanted to come with us again next week and asked if he could.... we are going to visit him on Wednesday morning... we going to try and put a fecha and we are hoping and praying that he accepts.. 

While there were tons of other miracles to share I am a bit short on time... we found an Hna yesterday by the name of Brenda Ford.. she speaks English too haha... anyway... she is really open to our message and teaching her was like teaching a member because she already had a believe in every thing we are teaching... we are going to teaching her the Restuaration at the end of the week and try to put a fecha... heres to hoping that shes legally married... 

Anyway... it was a hard week but lots of miracles and Hna Chavez and I are working hard to do every thing tha tGod wants and needs us to do... the time is passing way to quickly and I cannot believe it is almost August... I love you all so much... I am praying for you and think about you often... today I am giong with Hna Chavez to learn how make Hondurian tortillas... I cannot remember the name for them... a member is going to teach us and I am pretty excited... anyway.. hope all is well with all of you.. sending my love from humid rainy Panama...

Con Todo de Mi Amor, 
Hna Wilson



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment