Monday, August 25, 2014

Because Tomorrows Another Day

Hola A Todos!

So first I have to aplogize if this email is not as upbeat and some of the last ones. I was thinking about this song recently... as it rained cats and dogs and we tried to find people who wanted to listen to us which were few.. there was a horrible flood up in the moutains by where we live... I will send pictures... but thirty houses were destroyed and 12 people were killed. In no way were we affected but we have investigators whose family members were affected. It reminds us that God is in control and that we never know when it is going to be our time to go. But whats so wonderful is that God has a plan for everyone. And all that He wants for us is so much better than what we want for ourselves.

Also the baptisms of the tiwns might be post poned until further notice. We went and saw them on Saturday and they told us that doent feel prepared to get baptized and that they want more time. Then one of them told a member yesterday at church that they want to wait until December! We are going to go see them this evening to see what we can do and really just listen and figure out while they suddenly changed their minds. I will have to let you all know how that goes next week. Hopefully it will accompanied with pictures of a baptism.

It was also a hard week because no one really wanted any thing. On Saturday night we were walking down the street.. in a neighborhood that we had visited numerous times and the doors just started slamming.... one after another... parents called their kids inside and every thing. My companion and I laughed about it but it was also sad. All I said to my companion was.. well its a good thing we werent going to knock on them anyway.

Carolina Alvares and Celideth Lescano our progressing nicely. They have not come to church so we are not exactly sure when we are going to see their baptisms but we are trying our best to see that we help them gain testimonies so that they will want to come to church.

Here is an interesting story from the week. So on Tuesday, I was sitting on the bus and a lady sat next to me. We started talking and she opened up to me and told that about a year ago her grandson had died suddenly and unexpectly. She told me that he had been scared to death and so I inquired further and she told me that he had been going to the super market with his mom and a dog had gotten out and said dog was known to bite. Well when the little boy saw it he fainted on the spot and they took him to hospital. When they got him there he was already dead. A vessel in his brain had ruptured because of the intense that he had experienced. We talked about the plan of Salvation and I testified to her that she would see her grandson again. That she could be with him again. Unfotunately I was only able to give her a pamphlet before she had to get off but I like to think that maybe some day she will remember that conversation and want to learn more.

We also almost got attacked by a cow.. who did not want to let us cross the road. And a dog almost bit my companion. Thankfully it did not.

From there its pretty much the same old. We are always finding some new people here and there to teach... the challenge is keeping them and getting them to church. I just tell myself that I need to keep going strong. I want to be able to look back without any regrets..  so as the song goes.

Because tomorrows another day... I am not afraid.... so bring on the rain...

Until next week. I love you all so much!
Hna. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment