Monday, February 24, 2014

Jesus Take The Wheel

Hola Todas!

So this week in our District Meeting my district used the phrase from the song by Carrie Underwood to talk about how we hav eto rely on the Lord.... I really like it and it is definitely the best way to describe my week.

Jesus take the wheel... take it from my hands... because I cant do this on my own.... 

Really I have felt like this these past few weeks... I dont know if its because my work in this area is coming to an end or what but I have just really felt like its all I can do to plea to God at night to just help me get through every day... to look for the people that are prepared to recieve the Gospel and to follow the spirit when I feel the promptings... 

This week I got really sick from the water here Puerto....  the nurse told me I had a virus or a parasit eor some thing.... I had a fever and had to take medication and every thing... it was not a fun experience and lets just say that yesterday I finally felt completely normal health wise.

The most spiritual experience that we had this past week was with a 17 year old girl named Iris. We were teaching her and her sister about the Restoration and her sister was asking all these questions about Joseph Smith. Suddenly my companion says some thing like... do you guys have a DVD player... and they said yes so we ended up watching the Joseph Smith movie with them to explain the First Vision and every thing. After the movie Iris was almost in tears as she told us she could not explain how she felt. I was so sad we did not have a Book of Mormon to give to her and she and her sister have not been home since that day so one of our priorities is to get her a book of Mormon fast... she did not come to church but I think its because there is opposition from her family.... pray for her please... so that she can have the blessings of the Gospel in her life.

We also found a family this week. Family Sedeño... I dont know how things will go with them but they are a family of 7.. 5 of which can get baptized and so we are going to work with them. My companion said she did not feel like they were that interested with them but I felt some thing special with tem so we will see what happenes with them also... 

Abdiel, our 19 year old convert who has not gone to church in forever because of work, came to church yesterday. It was awesome... and he also gave the closing prayer which was also awesome... he is going to serve a mission I think... if he can just break up with his 17 year odl girlfriend who is super possesive and jealous... we will see what happens with that....

This P Day we are staying close to home... spending it with neighbors in which some are members and some are not... it should be a relaxing but enjoyable PDay...

Anyway... this week I gave it all to Him... I know that He is the one thats in charge. That every thing happens in His time and in His way and I can pray and ask and keep working and the miracles will come. I love My Savior so much. Its why I am here. To find thos ewho are looking... even if they do not know what they are looking for. Transfers are coming... this time next week I should hav ean idea of whats happening and I will let you know. I am praying to go to Volcan with Hna. Chavez if possible but it is always the will of the Lord... The church is true. This is His work. I cannot think of anywhere else I would rather be or any thing else I would rather be doing. Love you all! Until next week!

Hna. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment