Monday, March 3, 2014

Walking on Sunshine

Hola Todos!

Well its mango season here in Panama and especially in Puerto.... and the mangos are so good... we buy them at the store almost every house we go to gives us sacks of them we are pretty happy campers... 

Alright this going to be short because I really distracted... I just found out that my companion and I do not have transfers... I guess God still wants in Puerto but I would lie if I said I still felt like I needed to be here... honestly I have felt recently that my work here is ending but I dont know... the Lord has a plan for every thing and maybe some thing will change.

We had a couple miracles this week that I wanted to share with you guys... first we found a woman named Beatrice... we were looking for a reference from members and we contacted the wrong house. Before I could even finishing introducing myself she opened the gate and let us inside. We sat down with her and started to talk and she told us that the night before she had been praying that God would send her someone that would teach her the truth... and that morning we showed up... by accident.. but we showed up. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she accepted a baptismial date for the 15th of March... she told us she was going to do every thign possible to come to church on Sunday and while she did not come I have hopes of seeing her get baptized...

The other big big miracle that we had this week is when we found an Hermana named Sara. We found her looking for another lady that we had contacted waiting for a bus and we shared the Restoration with her. She almost cried as I bore my testimony about Joseph Smith and teh First Vision. She told us tht lots of churches had come and visited... lots of people had shared their concepts of God and religion with her but she had never heard or felt what we shared with her. We testified that it was because what we shared with her was true... she accepted a fecha for the 22 of March.. she is married and has 7 kids.. five of which live with her so its a little hard for her to come to church but I am hoping that the more we teach her the more converted she will become and the mroe she will want to do what she needs to do to recieve an answer....

We also taught another sister named Mayanil... she has been Catholic all her life but we watched the Joseph Smith movie with her and she said she felt really confused because she had never felt that maybe she should change her religion until now... we left her a book of Mormon and invited her to pray and her daughters are members and call to make sure she is doing what we ask her to do so we are going to go visit her on Tuesday and see how things are going... 

Just so you guys can laugh... we met a woman this week named Navidad.. in English that means... Christmas.. so I asked her what day of the year she was born and she said in December. I had a relaly hard time not laughing but she is going to take lessons from the elders because she lives in their area... 

We also had a conference this week with President Amado.. he is the area 70 in Central America and has a really strong spirit and I learned so much... among them was that we need to be full time missionaries... all of our time, thoughts, feelings, and energy should be directed toward the work and I am hoping I can do a better job at that... 

Anyway, thats all I have for you guys for now.. know that I love you all... tht I know that this is the work of the Lord and that He is at theh ead of it... I am hoping and praying for help to accept His will always.... until next week...

Love, 
Hna. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment