Monday, June 2, 2014

Surprise!

Hola A Todos!

I hope everyone is doing great.... I just wanted to let you guys know that this was a little bit of a surprising week. So my mission president decided to close my area in David and sent me back up to Volcan. I dont know if you guys remember when I was here for a week about two months ago to see if the cold would help my ankle. Well President and the Lord, in all their infiinite mercy... sent me here... the Celestial Kingdom of the mission.... with Hna. Rios... who was the sister I worked with before... when we found out and communicated we both almost cried from happiness... so we are together and we are working hard... 

We found a lot of new people to teach but I am not sure who is going to progress and who we are going to end up having to drop... in total we found 20 new people and three of them accepted baptisimal dates. One of them was a door contact named Maria... when we contacted her she said that she wanted to have God in her life more and that she was looking for spiritual things in her life.... she did not come to church.. that is like the biggest problem I think in any mission is getting the investigators to come to church.

We also went up into the mountains on Saturday and as we were walking we saw a young couple walking in the street.... named Omar and Walkidia... we started talking to them and we ended up talking for a good twenty minutes.. when we gave the pamphlet of the Restuaration to Omar y looked it over and asked when we were going to give him a Book of Mormon. It was a surprise and so I pulled mine out and said I would be willing to leave mine with him and when we come back next week we would bring him a different copy. He said that was fine and said some thing like... all my life I have believe the my religion is true... but I feel like I need to read this book...  we are hoping and praying that he does read it.. and that the spirit touches his heart.. we will see... 

I also followed the prompting of the spirit this week to do some thing that I have not done in a long time... and that was get up in a bus and talk about the church. I have not done that since the beginning of my mission but when we were headed to our district meeting on Thursday... which is forty minutes away by bus... I felt the really strong impression that I should do it and I was so frustrated because I didnt want to... the bus was going so so so slow... that the should have been a fory minutes bus ride turned into a 90 minute bus ride and I felt it was only because God wanted me to contact these people... so I finally gave in... got up an spoke for like two minutes about the Restauration and sat down... it was not any thing spectacular.. and no jumped out of their seat saying they wanted to be baptized... but I felt good knowing that I had followed a prompting...

There is an American family here.. the Young Family... that feeds un Sundays... they dont speak Spanish so when I am in their home I feel like I am back in teh states already... we were talking about how we should not drink the water and I admitted that since March I had been having a lot of stomach problems... they asked me what my symptoms were and every thing and I told thema nd they basically todl me that I have a parasite... so today I am going to go buy the medication to treat it.... here you can get it over the counter... and I am hoping it helps me feel better because this week I was super sick from Monday until Thursday.... and I also cant drink milk... it makes me sick.... so yeah.. thats whats happening health wise with me....

To end we are working on marrying a couple. They want to get married and baptized... their names are Orjelio and Aidy.... they are expecting their second baby this week and we are hoping to get the paperwork started the following week... it will be the first couple that I have helped to marry in my mission so I am hoping that every thing goes wel... please pray for them... that the process goes quickly...

I love you all so much.. I know that this church is true and that this is Gods work... may you always do what is right and remember that God loves you!

Love,
Hna. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment