Monday, June 30, 2014

Looking For Those Who Dont Exist...

Hola A Todos!

I hope this email finds you all well and happy. We had a better week this week because health wise we are doing okay. Except that yesterday my companion was hit with a sinus infection which is stil really bad today.. we are going to go hunting for some thing for her to take after we finish talking with you guys....

I just have a couple of things that I wanted to share with you guys that happened this week. Yesterday we had interviews with President Carmack and he told me that Hna. Rios and I will probably stay together for another transfers which means I will definitely be ending my mission here in Volcan... it was nice to talk to him and he said that nothing is sure but he felt like he was not going to be splitting us up. We are good friends and we are working well together so thats okay...

We had our fair share of people that we met this week.. we contacted a house with a woman sitting on her porch and as we introduced ourselves she looked at us and said some thing like... no thanks bye.. and we just said bye and left.. it makes me laugh when the people act like that... they dont even give us a chance to say any thing and they just reject us because... I honestly dont know why...

On the flip side we found a lady named Yerenis.... she lives with her boyfriend and her two boys but she is super interested... we found her on Tuesday and went back and visited her on Friday and both times she listened and paid attention.. but just like almost everyone here in Panama she is not married which makes our lives a little difficult and impossible to invite her to be baptized until we have figured out if she is willing to get married.. it not... there is not much we can do for her. But we left her a Book of Mormon... we have been trying to make it the focal point of our teaching.... we have been trying to give them away in the first visit... because if people gain testimonies of the book of Mormon.. they get baptized... its basically that simple...

We also had an interesting experience this week when we were coming back from a family home evening.. it was about 8 at night and my companion and I were walking... we went to take the normal route home but we just felt really strongly that we shouldnt... and we just kept getting the same impression as we came up on every street and we made like this big loopt o get back to the house. So a walk that normally takes 20 minutes took us over an hour because we took a really long way home... we learned later that about the time that we would hav epassed by that area... a girl was assaulted and robbed... so we give thanks to the spirit for keeping an eye out for us....

We spend a considerable time this week looking for people that we just could not find... we contacted in a grocery store which was a new experience for my companion but we found a couple that has been marrie dfor five years... its always a plus when they are married... we are going to go visit them on Friday... wish us luck in finding their house...

I also had the interesting experience yesterday of teaching Primary in Spanish and English because there are two kids visiting from Texas that dont speak any Spanish and we wanted them to have an enjoyable time in Primary.. it was very interesting but I liked it.... I always love when I can use my Spanish for more than just teaching investigators and less actives.... it makes me feel like God has a bigger purpose for me learning Spanish than just my mission.

Anyway, know that i love you all so very much. Know that I think about you often and that I know that this work is the work of the Lord and that it goes on boldly, nobly and independently... next week I will let you guys know about transfers but I know that it all happens according to the will of the Lord.

All My Love,
Hna. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment