Monday, July 7, 2014

Forever Strong

Hola A Todos! 

First of alll, Happy 4th of July.... even though it really didnt feel like Independence Day here in Panama... it makes me laugh how fats the time goes and how we just really dont feel it passing here in Panama... aside from the fact that it is already July of 2014... thats crazy.... I really dont know where the year has gone and as I picked up my second to last agenda that I will use for my mission it struck me that a lot of things are going to be coming to end very soon and often it makes me sad... so I am trying to enjoy what time I have left.... 

Anyway, now tos hare with you the adventures of the week. We had a good week working with members... most of the members understand now that when we approach them after church to talk to them it means that we would like them to go out and work with us this week... this week is  a little special because its transfer week so we have a few members scheduled to work with us but not many.... because my companion might be leaving which means exchanges and all that stuff but we will see what happens... 

This week we had a lot of experiences.... from meeting a Buddist woman who tried to argue with us about weather we are going to be reincarnated or not.. to a woman named Grace who recently lost her two year old baby and wants to learn more about the Plan of Salvation.... among all that excited I twisted my ankle twice, scraped up my knees really bad the first time and used that as excuse to contact a lday that wants to listen to us but doesnt want to marry the guy that she lives with we will see what happens with that. But she gave a really strong disinfecting cream that stung like crazy but helped me clean up the scrapes and gashes in my hands and knees from fallling....

Tuesday my companion was sick with a really bad sinus infection and a high fever so we stayed in the house and talked about a lot of things.... we also studied a lot which is nice... I am trying to mark every page of Preach My Gospel before I go home... I think I am at the halfway point.... 

We met a lot of people this week that told us they did not want any thing because they go to other churches... .thats always frustrating but we found a lot of people this week including yesterday when I fell for the second time and we decided to keep working and we went and visited a single dad named Damian with a member.... when we wanted to watch a video of the Restoration my companion said that we should just explain it and watch it another time... so we did and when we invited him to be baptized he accepted.... if all goes well he will get baptized on the 2nd of August... the challenge is getting him to come to church...

Anyway that was a our week I will shoot you all a quick email when we know about transfers.... I love you all so much and know that this is the work of the Lord... 

Love, 
Hna. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment